The Calcutta Punjab Club Ltd is one of the very old Clubs of Kolkata and is situated in the heart of the city. The Club is a social members' club located on Ballygunge Circular Road in Calcutta India. It was established in 1940 and the first president of the club was Col. Sir Ram Nath Chopra. Although not the oldest private members club in the city, it is notable because it was formed at a time when a few Clubs only admitted whites as members. The Club remains a popular social hub for the wealthy in the city. Ironically, despite its origins as a reaction to discrimination, the club has historically restricted membership. The liability of the members is limited by guarantee. The main object of the Club is to afford to its Members all the usual privileges, advantages, conveniences and accommodation of a club with a view to fostering social relations amongst its members and providing means for recreation, physical and others. The Club has tennis courts and a swimming pool. The Club is also well equipped with bars and good dining facilities.
© 2023 Calcutta Punjab Club. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Creative Q.