a. The candidate must have a Proposer & Seconder both with at least 3 years permanent membership to propose the candidature. A permanent member cannot propose and/or second more than two candidates in a calendar year.
b. Candidate should be above 21 years of age.
c. Children (male/female) membership is allowed between 21 to 28 years of age. Member children (male/female) up to age of 24yrs would be considered as dependent and after that the dependent facility will automatically be ceased.
d. Graduate is the expected minimum academic qualification.
e. Sufficiently eminent in his chosen field.
f. In active service or practice or self employment in suitable criteria.
g. Apply in specific format available at Club office along with bio-data, recent 2 copy of passport photo must accompany the Proposer and Seconder signature with Membership no. at the time of submission.
h. The Proposer to request to fill the required information and sent to the Secretariat Department of the club along with non-refundable Membership deposit as per status of candidate.
i. The Secretariat Department may approve the application and advise to generate temporary membership number against the applicant and a smart card be issued with applicable charges.
j. The Temporary Member is permitted to use the limited Club facilities through smart card. The monthly subscription and facility consumption bill be generated against the same temporary membership number.
k. Temporary membership will be converted to permanent membership through interview system by following the list of first come first serve application basis. The final payment of membership deposit has to clear as fee applicable on that time of conversion of membership only. An associate (non-Punjabi/Lady) permanent member of the Club is in same category of a regular Permanent Member of the Club except the voter right.
The Following types of dresses for members, dependents and guests are not permitted in the Club at any time:
1. Any type of shirt or vest without collar is not allowed in the Club premise.
2. Strapless chappals/sandals, Rubber Chappal / sandals, worn with dhoti, pajamas and Punjabi (kurta) are not allowed at Club premise.This dress code is permissible at private individual party area. Members, dependents or guests may not appear attired in untidy or inappropriate clothing or barefoot anywhere in the Club.
1. The Following types of restriction has to maintain in the Club at any time:
2. Children under the age of 5 years are not permitted to enter the club premise expect on Sundays and holidays when they can make use of the Club up to 7:00 pm except the Bar Rooms, Jharoka Dining Hall. Childern will however be permitted on special occasions and private party.
3. Children below 12 years are not allowed on the day of Club Nights at Main Dining Hall.
4. Alcoholic beverages and cigarettes are not allowed below 21 years of age.
5. Members are not allowed to use Club premise after 12:00 pm.
6. Any alcoholic beverage ordered at the Bar must be consumed by the hours fixed for closing under the Excise Rules.
7. Members, except temporary/affiliated members may entertain guests subject to payment of guest charge. Maximum 6 numbers of Guests are allowed against one membership.
1. Light music may be allowed at the discretion of the Club at private party. Club will reserve the right to reduce volume/shut off music if required.
2. Conduct of Guest should be in line with the Club Tradition / Ethos.
3. Parties lasting beyond 11pm will not allowed.
4. It is compulsory for the Member making the party booking to be physically present at the party.
5. No Member shall offer to give any employee of the Club any sum of money or gratuity upon any pretence whatsoever. If any member is found to be giving such money or gratuity, the Committee may resolve that the name of such Member be ceased to be a member of the Club. Any employee found to be soliciting or accepting any money or gratuity from any member shall be forthwith liable to suitable disciplinary action.
© 2021 Calcutta Punjab Club. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Creative Q.
It's been a long time since my last communication. I hope you and yours are doing well and are taking all necessary steps to stay well and safe. We have been receiving many requests from you to get the club fully operational. However, your committee feels that it just might not be the right time to open up completely but we sure can open up PARTIALLY . The club OFF SHOP is already in Operation, only for members, from 11 AM To 6.30 PM.
We will start with our Club & Sahni Kitchen as TAKEAWAY with Select Menu only. This service has already commenced from 16th June. To avail this service you will need to call the club on 033-40220013 /14 between 1 pm and 7.30 pm and speak to Mr.Sharma or his mobile number 7278843398. While you are on call to place the order please speak to the steward regarding your pickup time. The order once placed cannot be cancelled. As a mark of respect to fellow members, please be on time to pick up your order. When you come to collect the parcel please bring along your club membership card and do not forget to wear a mask. In case you will be deputing someone else to collect please give a duly signed authorization letter along with your membership card to enable the collector to collect the parcel. In case a member fails to collect the order then the full order value will be charged to the member's account.
We have already opened the TENNIS COURTS FROM 16th June from 6AM to 5 PM.
This is strictly for members only and no GUESTS will be allowed. The club will not be providing the tennis ball.
There will be Thermal Screening at the entry point of the club and tennis courts but those who fail the Thermal test shall not be allowed to enter the premises.
Dear members if you are a high risk individual with comorbidity, above 65 years of age and in case you have been in contact with a person who has been diagnosed as covid positive in the last 15 days you are requested not to enter the club premises. This is for your safety and for the safety for others. We are taking all necessary precautions for your safety based on the government guidelines. All members are also advised to self assess and evaluate their personal risk before visiting the club.
Looking forward to see you soon, Sanjay Lamba President